New Vogue Sewing Patterns: Fall 2015

14 Jul

Aaaaand they’re back again! I was actually right in the middle of working on a project (no shit, I just turned on my iron so I could start fusing interfacing once it was good and hot) when I noticed that Vogue had released Fall 2015 patterns. Took a quick lurk, and I’m afraid my poor project is just gonna have to wait because I have opinions and I need to share them right now!

V1466Vogue 1466 // Donna Karan Vogue 1466 – the jacket with a it’s own SARS mask! V1465

Vogue 1465 // Donna Karan

Forreal, tho, how low are those armholes? Looks like we’re fixin to head into sideboob territory any minute now. V1458 1Vogue 1458 // Ralph Rucci

I can’t wrap my head around this dress. The front looks ok (if you ignore the eye-searingly hideous fabric it’s made up with) – I’m all about some interesting seam lines Γ  la Ralph Rucci, except that big diamond on the side just looks like a really shameful attempt at patching a hole. Then I looked at the back: V1458 2

The hell is going on back here? That wonky neckline just looks like a mistake (and now I’m noticing the wonk on the front neckline, too, ugh) and the horrible exposed darts are making me feel twitchy (especially considering they look like they’ve barely been pressed and now they’re all puffy and sad). Is the patchwork diamond pulling down that side of her dress with the weight of it’s shame? Straight outta the funny house, this dress. Ralph Rucci, ILU but why you gotta do this to yourself your patterns?? V1460Vogue 1460 // Badgley Mischka

“Ugh, when is this bitch going to shut up? I have to pee sooo bad.” V1462

Vogue 1462 // DKNY

“Hello, Ladies…”

V1461Vogue 1461 // DKNY

“You don’t understand – this is an AlaΓ―a! It’s like a totally important designer!”V1459

Vogue 1459 // Koos Van Den Akker

I… sort of like this? Someone send help, I’m losing it.

V1467Vogue 1467 // Anne Klein

This is a seriously gorgeous jacket! The shiny buttons are cracking me up, though.V1467 2

Good day, sir!

V1463Vogue 1463 // Anne Klein

Now including eyebrows for your boobs – a must-have for the season’s fashion. V9127 1V9127 2Vogue 9127 // Vintage Vogue

Holy shit, the seaming details on this pattern are amazing. Total eye candy. Look at those little arrowhead tacks! Eep! I would totally make this just for the fun of it (and then never wear it, bc when the hell in my life does a dress like this fit?)V9135

Vogue 9135 // Kathryne Brenne

No words for this one. I think the picture is hilarious enough on it’s own.

V9140Vogue 9140 // Marcy Tilton

Oh my god, you guys – Marcy Tilton made something that actually looks normal! V9128

Vogue 9128

Who the hell chose this wretched print combination?

V9139Vogue 9139

~~ Haters gonna hate ~~ V9142

Vogue 9142

Not even an adorable little child can save you from this mistake of an outfit.

V9143Vogue 9143

VOGUE. WHAT IS HAPPENING. WHAT ARE YOU DOING. V9144

Vogue 9144

“Come and play with us. Forever… and ever… and ever.”

the-grady-twins-copy

What are you loves/hates from this collection?

112 Responses to “New Vogue Sewing Patterns: Fall 2015”

1. Kimmy Rocket July 15, 2015 at 10:19 am #

Your Clueless reference for pattern 1461 is spot on. I don’t know about the States, but in the UK we’re undergoing something of a 90’s renaissance – it started with music and now cropped tops and double denim are everywhere. Dare I say it, 1461 might actually be on trend, ha!

• LLADYBIRD July 16, 2015 at 2:57 pm #

Oh yeah, 90s are in full force here. Of course, my love for the 90s never truly ended so obviously I’m REALLY loving it hahaha πŸ™‚

2. Kyema July 15, 2015 at 3:10 pm #

Yikes, but definite bonus for making literally laugh at my desk. Most all of these are hideous except that gorgeous jacket! It would look better with some “normal” buttons, but the cut is spot on. πŸ™‚ I’ll make a jacket someday!

3. rosemary July 16, 2015 at 6:42 am #

Your commentary never fails to crack me up.

4. Anonymous July 16, 2015 at 1:13 pm #

Lladybird you are so naughty! Koos van den Akker must be delighted finally getting a thumbs up though!

5. Lola July 16, 2015 at 1:52 pm #

hey girl.. do you come here often?

• Lola July 16, 2015 at 1:53 pm #

ugh it didnt imbed my image.. but it was referring to this one

• LLADYBIRD July 16, 2015 at 2:57 pm #

She’s just, like… staring into my soul.

6. AJW July 16, 2015 at 8:46 pm #

As usual, you did not disappoint. Thanks for the observations. Is anyone at Vogue listening to any of us?

7. runwayrevolution July 17, 2015 at 8:27 pm #

Can someone please twist the model head around on 1460? That whole thing just looks backwards to me.

8. Margo July 18, 2015 at 7:01 am #

I always love these posts!!! You are freaking hilarious! Eyebrow boobs!.Thanks for the giggles Lauren!! You’re the beeeessst!

9. Nicole D July 18, 2015 at 5:22 pm #

You forgot to mention for Vogue 1460 that she put her torso on backwards for the shoot. Seriously, all I see is a back on her front. πŸ˜› And eyebrows for your boobs- definitely guffawed on that one.

10. hdbooth July 19, 2015 at 11:10 am #

If Vogue is listening, this is the kind of thing that turns people off from sewing. That and really boring and ow-quality fabric at most of our chain fabric stores. I would like to make classics and Anthropologie knockoffs, so maybe I am not your target market. I cannot even guess what the target market is, but I am beginning to think the home sewing demographic doesn’t include me, which is frustrating. I think sewing could take off like knitting (and, before that, beading), with better styles and more people like Lladybird making it look fun and hip.

11. Amanda Kauer July 21, 2015 at 2:51 pm #

Yes. This pattern is very easy. Unless you are obsessive about making stripes match.

• Ronda Bowen July 22, 2015 at 12:12 am #

I had the EXACT same thought about the Clueless dress LOL

12. angela July 28, 2015 at 8:41 am #

You missed one! I was dying to see what you had to say about this absurd dress. I knew I would get a good laugh out of whatever you had to say and then sadly you did not comment on that one. πŸ™‚

/Users/angelabailey/Desktop/V9126.jpg

13. whofilets August 3, 2015 at 3:07 am #

I actually like the “Sars mask” jacket, it’s got a futuristic sharp geometric look I dig, but it falls so flat and droopy at the shoulders.
    The inverted tucks on that icky fleshy moire dress remind me of scarred tissue, like whip marks, ugh

14. Birdsong Sews August 6, 2015 at 2:49 pm #

I just read your Vogue Pattern review, which I have come to look forward to. Seriously, I have 16-17 unread posts in the line-up and this is the first one I click! Now, I am a tad reluctant to read the 110 comments posted before this one…people, HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR! I laughed out loud, multiple times, and frankly, that is enough for me. It’s fashion people, fabric and stitches, not the cure for the Ebola epidemic. Yes I love fashion and stitches, but Lladybird is entitled to her hilarious take and I, for one, am thrilled she offers it with ABANDON. Thanks, Lauren. Please do ROCK ON!!!

1. OAL2015: The Winners! | LLADYBIRD - August 3, 2015

[…] Vogue and Butterick, as well as Kwik Sew). I absolutely adore the McCall Pattern Company, even when I’m poking fun at them (and adore them even more for being basically the best sports ever about it!), so I’m pretty […]