Next Knitting Project – Another Sweater!

20 Jul

A few months ago, I mentioned that I was working on a second Agatha sweater – this time in black yarn. After about 2 weeks of knitting, I put it aside to work on something new & fresh, i.e., the Miette. Welp, that’s all done now & I’ve learned that I am unable to chill between knitting projects, so we’re back at the black Agatha. And, wow, is it knitting up WAY faster than the first one!

This is essentially just a dupe of the first Agatha – same yarn, different color. Same gauge, same size, etc etc. I am using Cascade 220 in a heathered black (although it looks super jet black in these pictures, there are subtle streaks of grey irl) with my trusty size 5 needles. I picked it up about 3 weeks ago & I’ve already finished the body. Magical!

This post also explains a little of my absence this past week – I’ve been housesitting since Tuesday, and while I did drag both my machine *and* my serger to the house (!!!), I haven’t gotten much sewing done because the commute is stupid long (I am staying in Hendersonville for those who know Tennessee… and I work in Midtown. Ughh!) and by the time I get back, I really just want to sleep. Ha! At any rate, I’ve been working on a pair of shorts that I’m REALLY excited about, so hopefully those will be finished soon!

Agatha v2.0 - body finished
My friend Amanda took these pictures of me. The background is where I’m housesitting – isn’t it gorgeous?! I made her crop my face out because I wasn’t feeling well & it totally shows.
Also, I had to lighten the pictures a bit since the black did not want to photograph at all.

Agatha v2.0 - body finished

Agatha v2.0 - body finished

Agatha v2.0 - body finished

Ok, this next picture is a really terrible picture of me, but look at the view!
Agatha v2.0 - body finished
LOOK AT THE VIEW

I have also just decided that this sweater will be formally named the “blagatha.” That is all.

10 Responses to “Next Knitting Project – Another Sweater!”

1. Roxy July 20, 2012 at 7:10 pm #

I’m sure the commute is worth it in the short term so that you get to enjoy that view! I hate commuting. It takes up too much sewing time (Lucky I only live 3 km from my office). I have knitting envy – How do you manage to sew so much AND knit? I hope your feeling better.

• LLADYBIRD July 21, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

Haha, yeah, my normal commute is only 5 miles – this week it was more like 25! With horrible traffic! Eeeww!! So glad to be home :)

I just sew a lot! Sewing is my main hobby – and I don’t have kids or a really demanding career. I sew pretty much every evening after work :) As far as knitting – I knit on my lunch break! I watch tv on my phone & knit & it’s pretty much awesome haha :)

2. Tiffany July 20, 2012 at 9:20 pm #

Wow, it’s beautiful there! And amazing work on the sweater too. Where do you find the time? I’m envious.

3. Chloe July 20, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

Your posts always make my day! And now you’re making me want to take up knitting!

4. gingermakes July 20, 2012 at 10:03 pm #

Hahaha– Blagatha! Commuting is the worst– I’ve been working outside of town lately, too, and it’s really no fun adding extra time to your work day. :(

5. Nat @ Made in Home July 20, 2012 at 11:54 pm #

That view is amazing! And yeah to a quick Agatha!

6. sallie July 21, 2012 at 9:14 am #

You look great! You crazy…. Love the blagatha – its gonna look amazing

7. CGCouture July 21, 2012 at 11:48 am #

Blagatha, HA! :-P I love that view, it’s fabulous! I have to tell you though, I can’t quite wrap my mind around knitting (and trying on!) sweaters when it’s this hot–you guys have to be nearly as hot as we are (over 100*F), and with higher humidity.

• LLADYBIRD July 21, 2012 at 8:26 pm #

Yep, it’s been about that hot/humid (esp on the LAKE oh god, it’s like being on the ocean) here all week. Kinda sucky! I don’t mind knitting in the summer because most indoor places are SUPER cold to me. When those pictures were taken, we were getting a cold front before a really epic lightening storm so it was cooler than usual. Still hot, though. We only took a few pictures before I had to go inside haha.

8. kristinm100 July 21, 2012 at 2:10 pm #