i am calling this dress a labor of love because i don’t think i’ve ever put so much time & patience into a casual sundress. what started out as a simple v2.0 pattern turned into an episode of how-difficult-can-i-make-this-project. i am, however, extremely happy with the end result!
before i share pictures, a few field notes on this project:
used vogue 9668 and make a LOT of changes. i didn’t even look at the instructions this time around!
– full bust adjustment
– added 1/2″ to each pattern piece at the waistline. i noticed when i sewed up my darts in the bodice, the sides did not match up and i had to trim about 1/2″. clearly, i still suck at FBAs. don’t tell anyone.
– stabilized the neckline -front & back – with silk organza
– added piping to the neckline, midriff & sleeves. made the piping, too!
– ooh, guise, i remembered to interfacing the midriff! u proud?
– opted to line the bodice with lightweight cotton
– omitted the skirt lining
– bias-bound the invisible zipper
– added 2″ horsehair braid to the skirt hem
i think that’s it?
some detail shots…