i already made up this pattern in navy wool crepe. this is a super cute dress that i think i deserve two of, y/y?
so i made a red one!
sewing was pretty straightforward, as i have made this pattern before. i did tweak a couple things to improve the fit – i cut the bodice to a size 4 because it corresponded better with my high bust measurement. i think i originally had it cut in an 8, and the shoulders were WAY too big. fits perfectly now! i kept the bust at a C, and the bottom of the dress is still an 8. as before, i added a lining to the skirt (who lines a top and not the bottom??). i did not interface the waistband as instructed; instead i self underlined with the fashion fabric. i am not really sure what i was trying to accomplish there, hopefully it will add a bit of stability without being too stiff (which was a problem with the crepe dress… i think i used too heavy of an interfacing).
the fabric i used was some class of wool tweed, very warm and cozy. a little too thick – i had the grade the seams at the zipper waaay down, else the zipper couldn’t zip over them! whoops!
all in all, this was a very easy pattern. there was a lot of handstitching involved, but i listened to lots of 80s music and it wasn’t so bad ;)
sorry for the overload of pictures… it was hard to get a good shot of the details!