i actually started this dress a little over a week ago… it took so long to complete for several reasons:
1. i fell on friday night and didn’t have much use of my left arm until monday or so. it’s still in a sling – i went to the doctor yesterday and apparently my elbow is cracked :(
2. i had a friend visit over the weekend and we were too busy being awesome (you know, like hanging out in the emergency room. whoops! he was a good sport about it, though :) for me to do any sewing
3. i was trying really hard to make this dress ~perfect~, since i spent quite a bit of money on the fabric.
i only made a few changes to the pattern – but other than shortening the shoulders (which i do on pretty much *all* patterns i sew), there weren’t any changes i had to do to the fitting. i cut a straight size 8. this pattern has different pieces for the bust sizes, i used a C based on my measurements. i used an invisible zip instead of a regular zipper and i lined the entire garment (pattern calls for just bodice lining). my fabric was this gorgeous navy blue wool crepe, and i lined it with a bright blue satin polyester lining.
back of dress
i used two hooks and eyes at the top since i inserted the zipper a little low… the top one came undone before i took the picture, sry for the gap. also look at my cute little slit at the bottom! hahaha